What is it?
A driver for VME and PCI cards from Micro Research Finland for event timing systems.
Releases can be found at http://sourceforge.net/projects/epics/files/mrfioc2/
This module is versioned with Git and can be viewed at https://github.com/epics-modules/mrfioc2/
Or checked out with
git clone https://github.com/epics-modules/mrfioc2.git
The canonical version of this page is http://epics.sourceforge.net/mrfioc2/
EPICS Base >= 126.96.36.199
MSI (Macro expension tool)
devLib2 >= 2.6
RTEMS >= 4.9.x, vxWorks >=6.7, or Linux >= 2.6.26.
Event Generators. Current only the VME-EVG-230
Event Receivers. VME-EVR-230RF, VME-EVR-230 (non-RF), PMC-EVR-230, cPCI-EVR-230, cPCI-EVRTG-300
User documentation can be found in the form of usage manuals for both the Receiver and Generator
Those interested in the implementation for the Receiver might wish to start with mrmEvrSetupPCI() and mrmEvrSetupVME() or the EVRMRM class.
For the generator see mrmEvgSetupVME() or the evgMrm class.
2.0.4 (May 2015)
- Requires devLib >= 2.6
- Builds against EPICS Base 3.15.1
- Workaround to support UIO in Linux kernel >=3.12 (debian kernel >=3.2.0)
- Default mrmEvrFIFOPeriod doubled to 1ms
- Fix incorrect firmware version warning message
- Linux only. Rework interrupt handling to fully eliminate race in IRQ acknowledge. Requires new kernel module.
- Add sequence masker aSub (bit mask to replace event codes with zero)
- Add records to show statistics of interrupt and event FIFO processing
- Soft sequence loading stops at end of sequence event (0x7f). Further delays/events are ignored.
2.0.3 (Aug 2014)
- Linux only. Fix for ISR race condition which can leave interrupts disabled. Anyone running mrfioc2 on Linux is encouraged to update.
- fix rounding in CML/GTX WF calculator
- evgSoftSeq.py: fix sequences of length 1
- seqconst: avoid memory bounds violation
- fix EVG Univ inputs (fixed by Jonah Weber of LBNL)
- linux: emulate parallel port JTAG cable. Allows firmware update w/o the Linux GPIO userspace interface (still not built on Debian stock kernels)
- Python helper scripts with example for NSLS2 EVG magic numbers.
2.0.2 (Aug 2013)
- I am considering removal of the EVR interface class. This was originally intended to allow "similar" hardware (pre-MRM cards from MRF). However, to my knowledge this has not been done. If anyone is using this feature please contact me (firstname.lastname@example.org@email@example.com@firstname.lastname@example.org) or it will likely be removed in the next (2.1) release.
- Fixed issues with EVG sequencer which allowed some user inputs at inappropriate times. This could cause the sequencer to stop. Sequencer controls now validated against internal state.
- wrong width for RVAL causes endianness issue
- re-enable of CML output during setMode not conditional
- Fix EVG driver init w/o hardware. This was crashing.
- Update locking for EVR. Take lock for all device support actions.
- Fix locking error causing EVR driver to hang during IOC shutdown.
- evgSoftSeq.py handle readback of zero length sequences (the initial condition)
- Corrected the number of pulsers (delay generators) in EVRs. This adds 6 for a total of 16.
- Updated recommended firmware version for PCI EVRs to 6.
- Compile in VCS version or release number. Add a PV which reads this.
- Read SFP EEPROM information (eg. module serial#, temperature, and incoming optical power). Requires firmware >=5. For version 5 must be from 25 May 2012 or later.
- Add mapping record for Prescaler reset action to the example EVR databases.
- Support and documentation for firmware update of PMC-EVR-230 devices on Linux.
- PV with device position (VME slot or PCI BDF ids)
- Add aSub functions to support NSLS2 injector timing sequence constructor
- Seq Repeat - Repeats a fixed sequence at specific intervals. Includes a bit mask to mask out certain occurences.
- Seq Merge - Merge two or more sorted sequences while maintaining sorting.
- evgSoftSeq.py In addition to the previous form, the sequence editor GUI now accepts a single command line argument with the PV name prefix.
- evgSoftSeq.py Improved connection handling.
- configure/RELEASE Optionally include caputlog module
- Added enable/disable control for individual EVR outputs. Disabled output are mapped to Force Low.
- On Linux, allow the EVR driver to provide time to the system NTPD. Allows system clock to be synced to EVR with much lower jitter then network NTP server.
- EVG sequencer in single shot mode now shows status disabled on completion.
- Add evrsoftgate.db which uses a hardware event to enable/disable an output using a software timer.
- Add evgUserEvt.db which gives a "safe" software event send control.
- The default mapping for prescaler reset is now disabled. The included database files have been updated. Anyone who has created a custom database should update their database to include a "Reset PS" mapping record!
2.0.1 (Apr. 2012)
- Fix several vxWorks build issues
- Correct initial mapping for EVR output channels to Force Low (aka. Off)
- Fix readback of EVG sequencer run mode.
- Limit number of soft event send retries
- More check for EVG and EVR during initialization. Should now catch old firmware versions and CSR address mapping problems.
- Delay enabling VME interrupts for EVG until later during IOC startup.
- Fix autosave/restore of CML output bit patterns.
- Remove rear transition module definitions from default EVG db template
- Fix locking issue in data buffer tx/rx. A deadlock would occur when trying to send a buffer with the link mode set to dbus only.
- Added evralias.db to facilitate creation of PV name aliases for EVR delay generator channels.
- Always reset all EVG multiplexed counters when a divider value is changed.
- Add counter to track number of times each EVG sequencer is run.
- Add mrmEvrForward() shell function to configure EVR event forwarding to downstream EVRs.
2.0 (Sept. 2011)
- Michael Davidsaver email@example.com@firstname.lastname@example.org@email@example.com
Jayesh Shah jshah.nosp@m.@bnl.nosp@m..gov
Eric Björklund firstname.lastname@example.org@m.@lanl.nosp@m..gov